World Series

After a weekend apart, Natalie and I had to figure out some plans for mid-week catching up. She had ventured home for a relaxing weekend with her mother. I had gone on a weekend road trip with a few of our other friends. Stories needed to be exchanged. So, it was kind of understood that we would set out for our usual Thursday night plan of going to The Bar. On that Wednesday morning, we began working out the details.

9:29 AM
So I have been really sick the past two weeks and today is actually first day that I feel better, which is GREAT! I actually have energy and can hold my head up without wanting to kill someone. Fabulous! I can’t wait to go out tomorrow. I literally was really sick all weekend at home and didn’t get to even enjoy it (other than the having Mom take care of me part). So anyway, a night out is certainly in order.

Poor Natalie. Being so sick she couldn’t even enjoy a weekend at home, but really, if you are going to be sick at home, at least Mom can take care of you. I don’t care how old you are, that’s always a nice feeling.

So while we tend to be incredibly girly in our conversations, talking about boys and shopping and the like, I have my boyish attributes that my friends just accept. Yes, I am all about going out for a night with my friend to have fun. However, this particular Thursday was more important. Why? Because I had a football game to watch!

10:51 AM
And omg so excited for football tomorrow night!!!! It’s my motivation to do so much work allllll day!! Can’t wait! Seriously! I hope we win! (I might have been a teensy bit excited about the game.) And someone (don’t remember who) asked why The Bar. I replied that I can walk in there and go, “Put my game on! Like asap and then some! Fuck the World Series!” And then get a free beer. Sounds like a ton of win to me (and seriously, fuck the World Series, but go Giants!).

I think that answers all of your questions.

When you live in New York, you should never really yell, “Fuck the World Series” in a bar, regardless of which teams are playing, but it happens. It is also why we go to a bar that knows us very well.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming…

11:02 AM
I can definitely put off my shopping adventure until Sunday, but I need you to say you’ll go with me because otherwise I’ll just get it over with on Saturday. Also, it sucks you guys are going to be gone Friday and Saturday and I can’t come. Whatevs. I’ll find someone, I mean, something to entertain myself.

Boys and shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment